June 17 – July 13, 2018
Saratoga Summer Dance Intensive (SSDI) is a four-week program of intensive ballet training for intermediate, advanced and early professional dancers, ages 12 and up, interested in nurturing evaluation and refinement of their technique and performance.
Led by Program Director Roberto Munoz, the personalized instruction and evaluation is provided by some of the most experienced teachers and accomplished professional dancers in the world. This year’s incredible faculty features guest teachers including Dana Arey, Iliana Lopez, Franklin Gamero, and others.
Located at Skidmore College in the dance department building.
- Ballet, Pointe, Variations, Repertoire, Partnering, Jazz, Pilates, Flamenco and Performance Workshop
- Classes 6 days a week in technique, pointe, variations and repertoire
- Advanced level partnering classes
- Daily partnering classes, Jazz, Character, Flamenco, and Pilates
- Evening Guest Faculty Focus Groups
- Students are housed by age group in large, comfortable private homes.
- Fun and experienced house parents serve as chaperones.
- Dancers enjoy home-cooked meals, not cafeteria food.
- Transportation by van is provided to all classes and activities.
Tuition and Fees
SSDI Boarding Students: $5,100 for boarding students
Tuition includes 6 days per week training, room and board, attendance at NYCB performances, other special events and transportation to the studio and all other activities.
SSDI Day Students: $2,900
Tuition includes 6 days per week training and other special events.
Separate arrangements for Day Students to attend the NYCB performances may be made upon acceptance to the program.
Tuition-2017 Please select to view tuition and dates
Performers at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center programs during SSDI 2017 will include the New York City Ballet and other world renowned dance companies (tickets included in tuition). The SPAC schedule is announced in the Spring of 2017.
To learn more about the beautiful city of Saratoga Springs, go to www.discoversaratoga.org.
To learn more about Saratoga Dance, the home of the Bunheads product line, go to www.saratogadanceonline.com.